07/07/23

18_Tautologies | video Maria Sappho | VIDEO EDITION PAVILION


These figures were the start to a score for a symphony… symphony for the microscopic…which I never got to finishing...
I took Donna Haraway’s notion ‘why should our bodies end at our skin?’ rather literally. And so, I wore all kinds of textures that I thought a skin might extend to…including more skin! The music is a solo piano work composed by my AI chimere, found in her book of experimental proposition compositions called ‘chimeras cookbook’ - I love making art cookbooks you see, even with AIs. The work I am playing in this piece is called ‘a graphic score’ I include the picture of the score, in case that is interesting :)

DR. MARIA SAPPHO  https://www.mariasappho.com/

Maria works at the forefront of arts and new technologies, most recently in exploring the possiblities for multi-modal art and AI. She is the co-editor of political art magazine the MASS, runs the Feminist Free Improvisation archive, curates for MOPOMOSO and is a member of the Glasgow Improvisers Orchestra. She gained her PhD on the European Research Council project IRiMaS. Maria was awarded the BBC radiophonic Daphne Oram Award for women in electronic music in 2021.
Maria is also a Mopomoso TV colleague and created this Mopomoso website with links to the latest programs https://mopomoso.tv

Screenings

Mopomoso TV March 2024
The Wrong Biennale, Nov 1- March 31, 2024